Costumery

Just a quick note updating those Faver-fans (yes that is the official name for people that find their way inadvertantly to these pages) interested in the beautiful garb in which the Dreadfuls are regularly to be seen. Prior to the Fringe, we were clothed in a motley selection of items, from the suit I wore to my sister's wedding to Jamie's grandfather's sunday best. For the Fringe, and our upcoming appearance in London a Kingdom-wide search for Britain's finest Victoriana was initiated under the capable eye of the lovely Trish Kenny, an Edinburgh-based costume mistress.

Anticipating a spate of gigs, entertaining at the palace and providing the half-time show at Super-bowl XXXVIII, we have decided to invest in tailor-made outfits, specifically designed to show off our expressive facial hair and well-turned calves. To this end we are proud to announce the appointment of Lisa Cochrane as our official Penny Dreadfuls Costume Mistress tm. She will be providing us with the myriad different costumes required for us to take our audiences on our fantastical journies of the mind. While only a non-executive member of the Penny Dreadfuls council (just like Dave), she is permitted to wear the Order of Aeneas (Second Class,) (just like Jamie).

P.S. Just been watching that Nike advert with everyone doing backflips and stuff set to that ethereal piano music. I am single. All female athletes, dancers and just flexible girls please advertise here.

p.p.s. I am the tall one.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Speaking of apparel, are there any plans for further PD merchandise? One of my friends has a birthday coming up and I should very much like to be able to buy them a PDs t-shirt.

4:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your attire is beautiful! If only men would dress in such a fashion more!

Speaking of flexible and athletic young women....my friend actually fancies you....maybe it is because she is freakishly tall ... well, 5'10"...tall for a lady. I am sure that is not the only reason she fancies you. But it makes a semi-valid point. This isn't a great advertisement for her... but she is bloomin' glorious!

Keep up the good work chaps, saw you in Edinburgh recently for the first time...thanks to said mate actually, and really enoyed it...hopefully fame and greatness will soon follow.

Kat

kat_gurly@hotmail.co.uk
xx

12:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

5'10" freakishly tall for a lady? Pah!

11:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahh, see half the girls around here averages at about 5'3-ish so she is giant lady to us little ladies.

6:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with the above two ladies, for I was with them, your finery is spectacular. Ignore Kat, she has...a way with words...so to speak. Can't wait to see more of you and hope you enjoy all the London shows! Good to be in London!

Hayleigh
XX

www.myspace.com/atara_baggins
lotrchick_86@hotmail.com

(since I see you chaps have a myspace now)

10:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Humphrey I feel your pain. I am also tall and have been known to have ellusions to being a thespian and for some reason the women just don't seem interested. Some people say that they're scared away by the large heght and slight madness. But I assure you ladies its not fully fledged, kill the infants INSANITY, just gentler been jealous of ducks loonynessity. {I dont know if you're jealous of ducks but I know I am. Ducks do have it to good, walk swim and fly and all with free bread!)

Well this seems to have become quite obsure quite quickly so I think i'd better stop typing.

Alistair

Oh and 5'10 isn't freakishly tall for a woman just standard tall.

4:11 PM  
Blogger Humphrey said...

I would like swoop quickly to quash the, admittedly charming, outpouring of pity on this page concerning my lack of love. Don't you worry about me gang, I'm hewn from stone.

5:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bugger,

And I was hoping you were so desperate you'd ask me on a date ... alas, back to my tower to ring that bloody bell.

(mwahahahahaaa)

Hayleigh
XX

5:44 PM  
Blogger dear the interwebs, said...

it should definitely be
noted at this juncture
that i am capable of
putting both legs behind
my head. and humphrey
has never had a go with
me! ungrateful sod.

i bet it's the beard.

2:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home